Thursday, May 23, 2013

Weekly Bulletin 5/20-5/24

This week was an incredible teaching week. I started my lessons and unit on the Korean War and North Korea specifically. I lectured during 3rd and 6th period social studies classes on the Korean War. First, I had to go over the tail end of WWII and the causes that led to the Korean War. The lecture went very well. i gave students key dates, places, and people to get started with the war.

Students were also able to select their own groups of 3-5 students per group. These groups will be assigned a topic on the Korean War and we will use the "jigsaw" method to teach the other students. Students were able to write down their top 3 choices of various topics that I selected to place in the "pool." Most students were interested on nuclear weapons and north Korea boarder. Some students were interested in Korea timeline and others interested in Korean military.

There were no disruptions in class this week...other than occasional high school student socializing with each other during the lecture portion. LOL. I really enjoy my cooperating teacher's collective approach to teaching. It reminds me that it is okay to slow down and breathe once in a while during my teachings.

No comments:

Post a Comment