Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Highlight 5/6-5/10

The highlight this week was getting together with my cooperating teacher and figuring out the exact day of my EWU observation lesson. I decided to check out the I-pad cart for these series of lessons later in May. The I-Pads will incorporate the use of technology and research. Students will research various parts of the Korean War and jigsaw different events and timelines to produce a final project presentation. I am excited to teach these history lesson to the students. The Korean War is the "Forgotten War" that offers key issues in American/Korean history. Especially, right now with the threats of North Korea and their nuclear weapons.
I believe I have my lesson narrowed down to May 28th- May 30th at the school. My evaluator will come into the classroom on May 28th to oversee my lesson.

Other classroom activities include a social media debate in 5th period. Students are currently debating the credibility/ lack of credibility of various news sources. Students tend to get carried away with one particular media outlet that reports the news poorly and everybody else in the class piles on. My goal was to explain that everyone has opinions of different sources, and you should be able to examine each with little biases.

Students are having fun with assignments, but seem to be getting restless as the end of the school year draws closer to an end.

No behavior problems to report this week. I enjoy my cooperating teachers relaxed approach to management.

No comments:

Post a Comment