Monday, April 22, 2013

Weekly Update

Weekly Update

4/22-4/26

Monday- Today, I taught 2nd and 4th period English. I also observed 3,5,6 period History. Previously, I had made-up a vocabulary quiz for the students on their book, Night, by Elie Wiesel. The vocabulary quiz focused on 10 questions of multiple choice answers. I sent an email to my coop teacher with the formatted quiz to send out for copies. The copies came back in time for the quiz, however, the answer key was also attached to the quiz. Needless to say...I caught this mistake before the quiz and ripped off the entire back page, so the students didn't have the answer key. Everything worked out okay, but I should be more specific next time on my requests for copies, as they are sent out to the district copier via email.
   The highlight of the week was the Night projects. Students have done an incredible job with creativity up to this point. Projects are starting to take shape, a few students haven't started yet...but I anticipate they will very soon, as they are due next Monday for presentations.
Teaching lessons seems to be at a high rate of speed. I seem to have every detail planned for my lessons, but sometimes I don't remember to include all of my details and objective of the lesson. I know I need to do a better job of slowing down and processing all of my plans to execute them properly. I also need to remember to ask students if they have any questions on particular lessons.

No comments:

Post a Comment