Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Weekly Update

Mt. Spokane High School

Weekly Update

This week 4/8-4/12, I observed 5 periods of classes during two separate occasions. My cooperating teacher has a very free flowing atmosphere in his classes. His classroom management is very relaxed, but seems effective. I have 3 periods of English and 2 periods of World History/Geography. The English classes are studying the Holocaust book, NIGHT by Elie Wiesel and narrative writings. The History classes are working on their CBA's (Curriculum Based  Assessments) on current events in the world. My cooperating teacher assigned me the opportunity to come up with a summative project for the English Classes, that includes a variety of choices for the students to complete an end of the unit project. He also had me construct a worksheet with vocabulary words that students were having a difficult time with in the book, NIGHT. This worksheet will be assigned to students next week as part of a mini lesson. I also received the "green light" to come up with a project for the history classes that relates to North Korea and the Korean War...I am still hammering out details for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment