Monday, June 3, 2013

Weekly Post

June 3-June7

As I'm nearing my last week in the classroom, I can definitely tell that the students have decided to stop learning. it is obvious that students don't have the same learning retention or "want" to complete their work as they did in prior weeks. Having said that, we have 2 major projects worth 100 points each and 2 quizzes that still need to be complete on Tuesday. I plan on videotaping this lesson and somehow getting it ready for Wednesday. Students are slow to return permission slips for videotaping, so I'm just going ahead and filming anyway. I'm excited to see the end of group projects in Social Studies and English. I will be the teacher that grades the students on these projects also.

My highlight of the week is using the I-Pads for technology and research. I've never used an I-pad before and they are almost like a mini-computer of a large version of a cell phone. Kinda Cool. The librarian at the school is very good about rotating the cart thru the school, so that all teachers can use the cart.

One thing that I'm puzzled by is the student's who chose the "easier" history topics for their group project...are the students who lack motivation to complete their research. It seems the more challenging topics went to those students with the best overall research and projects. We'll see how this plays out tomorrow afternoon for presentations.

No comments:

Post a Comment